Six victims of the car bomb attack near Wehliye hotel in Mogadishu Monday are recovering well with one discharged Tuesday, doctors at Medina hospital have said.
Speaking to Goobjoog News, the General Director Dr. Mohamed Yusuf said the injured had received adequate treatment at the facility following their admission Monday afternoon after the bomb attack.
“In the last 24 hours, we received at least 6 people injured in the explosion occurred yesterday in Mogadishu. One is discharged already. The rest are under different treatment and they are all responding well to the medications” said Dr. Yusuf.
At least one person was killed in the bomb attack after a car parked near the hotel blew up.
Meanwhile an auto rickshaw driver, Yusuf Maalim Adan is recovering in the same hospital after sustaining gunshot wounds in what he said was a result of a shooting by a military officer.
“On the 5th September, I was struck by a bullet while driving in Banadir area when I met with a government military vehicle at the junction. Out of nowhere they shot at me. I recorded a statement at Hodan CID department but nothing has progressed so far in my case. I am planning to go to the courts but I don’t have the fee for an advocate” said Adan.