Nineteen people were admitted in hospitals Sunday night in Mogadishu following a deadly car bombing which hit a hotel along Maka al Mukarama street.
Medina Hospital director Dr. Abdulkadir Maalim Hussein told Goobjoog News 13 people were admitted at the facility but some of the patients had been discharged while others are still undergoing treatment.
“We received 13 patients who were then admitted at the hospital last night following the explosion,” Dr. Hussein said. “Ten of them who suffered minor injuries have been discharged while three others are still being treated.”
Dr Abdikadir added,’ “The condition of the three people currently in the hospital is in serious, but we are trying to help.”
Meanwhile, in Daru-Shifa hospital six people were treated and thereafter four of them discharged as two others remained for continued treatment.
The bomb went off at about 7 pm local time after a car parked in front of Bar Italia restaurant blew up causing casualties and destroyed property. Furniture could be seen strewn over the restaurant.
No group claimed responsibility for the attack but the militant group Al-Shabaab has conducted similar attacks in the past.