Two die as mom gives children insecticide

Two children died and another one hospitalised in critical condition on Friday night in Wanlaweyn town after consuming insecticide mistakenly given by their mother.

Ali Yussuf Adan, who is a neighbour of the bereaved family said  mother of the children mistook the poison with a medicine prescribed for the children.

“The children were mistakenly given the poisoned by their mother and  the two children were found dead in the morning with the third one in bad condition,” said Adan.

The incident happened at village located 17KM east of Wanlaweyn, according Adan.

The two children who died were a four-year-old boy and a girl aged 7.

The neighbour said the mother and the father of the children are in critical condition.

 

 


Join the Conversation