Ministry of Finance, Vacancy Announcement
|Grade level and Classification:||Grade 7|
- Purpose of the position
This position is the head of the Budget Department and is a managerial position responsible for developing the IGA annual budget in accordance with policies endorsed by the Cabinet of ministers, based on the assessment of economic conditions within the Galmudug Administration area.
The Budget Director’s duties will include developing policy proposals for Cabinet of Minister’s consideration and developing the initial budget circular to provide guidance on the fiscal situation and set budget ceilings for ministries based on the IGA priorities. He will direct the work with Ministries to obtain the necessary budget data to prepare the draft budget for IGA for submission to the Council of Ministers and the Legislature. The Budget Director will also ensure staff are adequately trained to be able to provide the necessary support to Ministries on the overall budget process and able to provide analytical scrutiny of ministry budget proposals and contribute to the budget preparation process.
The Budget Director will work closely with the Treasury, other senior management and Ministries in regard to monitoring of the budget throughout the year providing regularly budgetary reports to senior management and ensuring the budget is efficiently and effectively maintained in the IGA’s financial management information system (“FMIS”).
- Qualifications and Training
- Professional accountancy qualification (CA, ACCA, CIPFA, CPA or equivalent) or Economics and Public Policy qualifications- desirable
- An undergraduate degree in accountancy (BSc/BCom/BBA) – desirable
- A Masters degree in Economics or Public Policy – desirable
- Sound public financial management skills – essential
- Intermediate knowledge of accounting standards – essential
- Sound leadership and organisational development skills. – essential
- Computer literacy and familiarity with accounting software packages – essential
- Required Experience
The position requires at least 10 years’ experience obtained by managing a financial public sector department or institution at a senior level.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their application to email@example.com by 18th of February 2016. Each application should include an updated CV, an application letter and contact information for three work-related referees.
- Applications not including all the above information will not be reviewed.
- Applicants should write the title of the position on the subject of their email.
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted.