Ministry of Finance, Vacancy Announcement
|Job Title:||Budget Officer – Budget Coordination|
|Grade level and Classification:||Grade 6|
|Reporting to:||Budget Director|
- Purpose of the position
This position is a support position within the Budget Department of the Ministry of Finance. It has the responsibility for developing the budget circular, seeking budget submissions from Ministries and consulting with the Customs and Taxation Department to obtain the Revenue measures and estimates for inclusion in the annual budget presentation.
Duties include: Assisting with the overall budget process by setting the budget ceiling, issuing the budget circular, obtaining the necessary data from Ministries for the preparation of the IGA budget. Entering of budget data including budget reallocations and supplementary budget into the IGA’s financial management information system (“FMIS”).
The incumbent will provide impartial, accurate and timely budget information as and when requested by the Treasurer.
- Qualifications and Training
- Associate Degree in Business Administration/Accounting, Economics and/or Financial Management
- Professional accountancy qualification (CA, ACCA, CIPFA, CPA or equivalent) – desirable
- Intermediate sound public financial management skills – essential
- Computer literacy and familiarity with accounting software packages and in particular Excel.- essential
- Required Experience
The position requires at least 5 years’ experience obtained by managing a financial public sector department or institution at an intermediate level
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their application to email@example.com by 18th of February 2016. Each application should include an updated CV, an application letter and contact information for three work-related referees.
- Applications not including all the above information will not be reviewed.
- Write the title of the position on the subject of your email.
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted.