Ministry of Finance, Vacancy Announcement
|Job Title:||Budget Officer – Budget Operations|
|Grade level and Classification:||Grade 6|
|Reporting to:||Budget Director|
- Purpose of the position
This position is a support position within the Budget Department of the Ministry of Finance. It has the responsibility to provide analytical scrutiny of ministry budget proposals and contribute to the budget preparation process. The Budget Officer would also develop policy proposals for Cabinet of minister’s consideration.
Duties include: Assisting with the overall budget process by setting the budget ceiling, scrutiny of Ministry budget proposals for inclusion in the annual budget, ongoing monitoring of Ministries budget proposals, ongoing monitoring and review of budget spending throughout the year and assisting with the development of budget policy proposals.
The incumbent will provide impartial, accurate and timely budget information as and when requested by the Treasurer.
- Qualifications and Training
- Associate Degree in Business Administration/Accounting, Economics and/or Financial Management
- Professional accountancy qualification (CA, ACCA, CIPFA, CPA or equivalent) – desirable
- Intermediate sound public financial management skills – essential
- Computer literacy and familiarity with accounting software packages and in particular Excel – essential
- Required Experience
The position requires at least 5 years’ experience obtained by managing a financial public sector department or institution at an intermediate level
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 18th of February 2016. Each application should include an updated CV, an application letter and contact information for three work-related referees.
- Applications not including all the above information will not be reviewed.
- Write the title of the position on the subject of your email.
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted.