Ministry of Finance, Vacancy Announcement
|Job Title:||Customs Officer – Customs Operations|
|Department:||Customs and Taxation Department|
|Grade level and Classification:||Grade 6|
|Reporting to:||Revenue Director|
- Purpose of the position
This position is an operational position within the Customs and Taxation Department of the IGA Ministry of Finance. It has the responsibility for enforcing laws and treaties regarding the importation and export of goods, detecting instances of infringement or non-compliance with regulations, and taking the necessary steps to enforce the laws.
Duties include carrying out inspections, combating the importation of firearms, drugs
and other banned items and identifying goods on which duties must be paid, working with revenue officers to collect customs and excise duties. Liasing with other agencies to collect analyse and act on intelligence regarding possible attempts to import or export illegally.
- Qualifications and Training
- Degree qualification is not a requirement.
- Training and experience in law enforcement. – necessary
- Training in international trade. necessary
- Associate Degree in Business Administration/Accounting, Economics and/or Financial Management- desirable , not essential
- Basic sound public financial management skills.- essential
- Computer literacy and familiarity with word processing, internet, and excel.- essential
- Required Experience
The position requires at least 2 years’ experience obtained in law enforcement or military.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their application to email@example.com by 18th of February 2016. Each application should include an updated CV, an application letter and contact information for three work-related referees.
- Applications not including all the above information will not be reviewed.
- Write the title of the position on the subject of your email.
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted.