Ministry of Finance, Vacancy Announcement
|Job Title:||Taxation Officer, Taxation Programs|
|Department:||Customs and Taxation Department|
|Grade level and Classification:||Grade 6|
|Reporting to:||Revenue Director|
- Purpose of the position
This position is a support position within the Customs and Taxation Department of the Ministry of Finance. It has the responsibility for assisting with developing the necessary laws relating to revenue raising measures and for developing annual estimates of taxations revenue. This position will also assist with advising on revenue sharing with the Federal Government of Somalia (FGS) and general revenue relationships between the levels of government.
Duties include preparing the taxation revenue estimates for inclusion in the IGA’s budget, ongoing monitoring of taxation revenue collections against budget estimates, entering of taxation revenue data into the financial management information system (“FMIS”), producing revenue reports from the FMIS, preparing the taxation revenue collection projections, assisting with providing written policies and guidelines in relation to the collection of customs and taxation revenues, and working with Internal audit to ensure strict controls are in place in regard to revenue collection
- Qualifications and Training
- Associate Degree in Business Administration/Accounting, Economics and/or Financial Management
- Professional accountancy qualification (CA, ACCA, CIPFA, CPA or equivalent) or economics- desirable
- Intermediate sound public financial management skills.- essential
- Computer literacy and familiarity with accounting software packages and in particular Excel – essential
- Required Experience
The position requires at least 5 years’ experience obtained by managing a financial public sector department or institution at an intermediate level
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 18th of February 2016. Each application should include an updated CV, an application letter and contact information for three work-related referees.
- Applications not including all the above information will not be reviewed.
- Write the title of the position on the subject of your email.
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted.