Ministry of Finance, Vacancy Announcement
|Job Title:||Revenue Director|
|Department:||Customs and Taxation Department|
|Reporting to:||Minister of Finance|
- Purpose of the position
This position is a managerial position as the head of the Customs and Taxation Department responsible for developing the necessary laws relating to revenue raising measures and for developing annual estimates of revenue for Customs and other taxation. The department would also advise on revenue sharing with the Federal Government of Somalia (FGS) and establish general revenue relationships between the levels of government.
Duties include providing revenue estimates to the Budget Department for inclusion in the IGA’s annual budget estimates, ongoing monitoring of revenue collections against budget estimates and providing the Treasurer with revenue projections, providing written policies and guidelines in relation to the collection of customs and taxation revenues, providing advice in regard to the necessary Laws on revenue raising and collection and working with Internal audit to ensure strict controls are in place in regard to revenue collection
- Qualifications and Training
- Professional accountancy qualification (CA, ACCA, CIPFA, CPA or equivalent) or Economics – desirable
- An undergraduate degree in accountancy (BSc/BCom/BBA). – essential
- A Masters degree in financial management, economics or accounting – desirable
- Sound public financial management skills.- essential
- Intermediate knowledge of accounting standards – essential
- Sound leadership and organisational development skills. – essential
- Computer literacy and familiarity with accounting software packages.- essential
- Required Experience
The position requires at least five years’ experience obtained by managing a financial public sector department or institution at a senior level.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 18th of February 2016. Each application should include an updated CV, an application letter and contact information for three work-related referees.
- Applications not including all the above information will not be reviewed.
- Write the title of the position on the subject of your email.
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted.