By Fauxile Kibet
NAIROBI: Kenya’s Red Cross Society has said that 14 people are still unaccounted for following the terror attack at the Dusit hotel complex in Nairobi.
The organization’s secretary general Mr. Abbas Gullet said that the process of identification is ongoing and that their whereabouts will be known soon.
He added that so far 84 of the people initially listed as missing in the attack that left 21 people dead, according to official reports, had been accounted for.
“We have 14 of the 94 people affected who are still missing but are optimistic that at the end of the day today, we will have gotten information about them,” said Gullet.
The number of people who died in the attack rose to 21 after six bodies were retrieved from the complex after the security operation was completed – leaving all the five attackers dead.
A police officer was among those killed.
According to Kenya’s police inspector general Joseph Boinett who addressed journalists late Wednesday evening, 28 other people had been admitted to various hospitals in the city and were receiving treatment.
Among the dead were 16 Kenyans, an American, Briton and three other victims of African descent who were yet to be identified.
Meanwhile, police have arrested two people whom they believe facilitated the Tuesday afternoon attack at the complex housing the dusitD2 hotel and several other office buildings.
One suspect was arrested in Ruaka, at the outskirts of Nairobi, while another one was arrested in Eastleigh.