Al-Shabaab militia group have yesterday executed five Somali men in Hagar area of Lower Jubba region alleging them of spying.
Al-Shabaab court in the area has sentenced the five men to a death penalty after they were accused of spying for the Federal government of Somalia and its foreign partners.
The five men who were executed were identified as follows.
- Osman Abdulle Abdullahi was accused of spying for US Security agency.
- Abdkarim Mumin Ahmed was accused of working with the Danab Forces.
- Hassan Barre Ishaaq was accused of working with the Kenyan Government and its security agencies.
- Omar Hassan Ahmed was accused of having links with the US CIA agency.
- Ahmed Abdullahi Warsame was also accused of spying US CIA agency.
The men were executed by a firing squad at a public place in Hagar town a stronghold of Al-Shabaab in the Lower Juba region.
Al-Shabaab had before executed more suspects over foreign spying allegations in South Central Somalia.