Bodies of four people who were among those missing yesterday when the boat they were in capsized in Beletweyne were recovered Tuesday.
Goobjoog News correspondent in the town said rescue teams retrieved four bodies in the mid morning adding those who were missing were eight and not 10 as we earlier reported.
In total now, four people are still missing after the ill-fated boat capsized while transporting aid relief teams most of them from Hiiraan regional administration.
Those recovered are as follows:
- Sharif Hassan Ganey- a businessman
- Guled Ibrahim- Shibis District youth chairman
- Deqoq Abdi Ali-Head of Beletweyne sanitation department
- Sharmarke Khalif- Secretary at Hiiraan Mayor’s office.
The four missing are:
- Abid Abdinan- an official at mayor’s office
- Dahabo Hassan – HirShabelle presidential advisor
- Maalim Nur Alaale
- Boat driver