Ministry of Finance, Vacancy Announcement
|Job Title:||Permanent Secretary|
|Grade level and Classification:||Grade 8|
|Reporting to:||Minister of Finance|
- Purpose of the position
This position is the senior managerial position of the Ministry of Finance responsible for managing the performance of the staff of the Ministry, in accordance with the Civil Service decree, to ensure effective, efficient and timely completion of the tasks of the Ministry. In conjunction with the Minister, the Permanent Secretary (PS) shall manage the budget resources assigned to the Ministry to ensure the achievement of the goals of the Ministry.
The Permanent Secretary is required to provide the necessary leadership to ensure Ministry staff are fully motivated to carry out their respective duties, and to ensure that the Ministry of Finance is established within the Galmudug administration as a leading proponent of open, transparent and accountable government operations, particularly with respect to managing the Administration’s financial matters.
- Qualifications and Training
The Permanent Secretary must be a Somali citizen with a good character, highly qualified and experienced, with high standards of ethics and integrity, and commitment to creating an effective, merit-based administration for the Interim Galmudug Administration.
The Permanent Secretary is expected to possess an exceptional knowledge of:
- Principles of good public sector administration
- Modern personnel management practices
- Principles of sound public financial management
The Permanent Secretary is required to have:
- Professional accountancy qualification (CA, ACCA, CIPFA, CPA or equivalent) or Economics – desirable
- An undergraduate degree in accountancy (BSc/BCom/BBA) – essential
- A Masters degree in financial management, economics or accounting – desirable
- Demonstrated public financial management skills – essential
- Sound knowledge of accounting standards – essential
- Demonstrated outstanding leadership and organisational development skills – essential
- Required Experience
The position requires at least 10 years’ experience obtained by managing a financial public sector Ministry, department or institution at a senior level.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their application to email@example.com by 18th of February 2016. Each application should include an updated CV, an application letter and contact information for three work-related referees.
- Applications not including all the above information will not be reviewed.
- Write the title of the position on the subject of your email.
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted.