Ministry of Finance, Vacancy Announcement
|Job Title:||Procurement Director
|Grade level and Classification:||Grade 7|
|Reporting to:||Permanent Secretary|
- Purpose of the position
To conduct all procurement activities with the highest levels of integrity, in a fair and transparent manner with an obvious lack of any corrupt practices. This shall act as the guiding principle to all procurement activities for the Interim Galmudug Administration (IGA). This position is the head of the Procurement Department and is a managerial position responsible for all Procurement activities and processes for IGA including preparation, publishing of and adherence to Procurement Plans – this shall include advising and agreeing on Procurement method; Single/Sole Sourcing or competitive Bidding; To efficiently and professionally prepare and issue, bidding documents for IGA Goods and Services (including formal pre-award Request for Information/Expressions of Interest), in order to ensure a timely, cost effective and transparent service in accordance with the procurement policies and procedures.
- Qualifications and Training
- Professional Procurement Certification (such as UK Chartered Institute of Supply or similar) – Desirable
- An undergraduate degree in an appropriate discipline – (BSc/BCom/BBA). – essential
- A Masters or Post Graduate Diploma in an appropriate discipline (such as financial management; Procurement; Business) – desirable
- Sound Procurement experience where transparency can be evidenced – essential
- Sound Managerial, Leadership and Organisational Development skills experience that can be evidenced – essential
- Computer literacy – essential
- Familiarity with Procurement software packages – advantageous for future implementation
- and corporate plans for the Procurement Department.
- Required Experience
The position requires at least 10 years’ experience where the key responsibilities and competencies can be demonstrated.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 18th of February 2016. Each application should include an updated CV, an application letter and contact information for three work-related referees.
- Applications not including all the above information will not be reviewed.
- Applicants should write the title of the position on the subject of their email.
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted.