Ministry of Finance, Vacancy Announcement
|Revenue Director – Revenue Collection Authority|
|Revenue Collection Authority|
|Grade level and Classification:||Grade 7|
- Purpose of the position
This position is a managerial position as the head of the Revenue Authority responsible for administering the collection, recording, and enforcement of taxes and other revenues legislated by the IGA. The Authority will also manage the registration and conduct of collection agents.
Duties include ensuring that taxpayers are registered and that the databases of taxpayers are maintained, assessing taxpayers by determining their business category, managing the verification and processing of returns from taxpayers, following up delinquent taxpayers and enforcing compliance, managing the conduct and performance of tax collectors and collecting agents. The director is also responsible for providing revenue estimates to the Taxation and Customs Department for inclusion in the IGA’s annual budget estimates, ongoing monitoring of revenue collections against budget estimates and providing the Treasurer with revenue projections, providing written policies and guidelines in relation to the collection of customs and taxation revenues, providing advice in regard to the necessary Laws on revenue raising and collection and working with Internal audit to ensure strict controls are in place in regard to revenue collection
- Qualifications and Training
- Professional accountancy qualification (CA, ACCA, CIPFA, CPA or equivalent) or Economics – desirable
- An undergraduate degree in accountancy (BSc/BCom/BBA). – essential
- A Masters degree in financial management, economics or accounting – desirable
- Sound public financial management skills – essential
- Intermediate knowledge of accounting standards – essential
- Sound leadership and organisational development skills. – essential
- Computer literacy and familiarity with accounting software packages – essential
- Required Experience
The position requires at least 10 year’s experience obtained by managing a financial public sector department or institution at a senior level.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 18th of February 2016. Each application should include an updated CV, an application letter and contact information for three work-related referees.
- Applications not including all the above information will not be reviewed.
- Write the title of the position on the subject of your email.
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted.