Ministry of Finance, Vacancy Announcement
|Job Title:||Taxation Officer, Collection|
|Department:||Revenue Collection Authority|
|Grade level and Classification:||Grade 6|
|Reporting to:||Revenue Director|
- Purpose of the position
This position is an operational position within the Revenue Authority of the Ministry of Finance. It has the responsibility for collecting revenue from taxpayers, carrying out procedures to recover arrears, communicating with taxpayers and managing the conduct and activities of collection agents.
Duties include receiving tax payments, entering receipts and other data into the Revenue Management system (RMS), delivering reminders and demand notices to delinquent taxpayers, assisting large taxpayers to comply with laws and regulations, meeting with taxation collection agents, ensuring that they comply with regulations and the code of conduct, and ensuring that their collections are properly remitted to the treasury single account.
- Qualifications and Training
- Associate Degree in Business Administration/Accounting, Economics law, and/or Financial Management – desirable, not essential.
- Basic sound public financial management skills.- essential
- Training and experience in taxation and tax collecting. essential
- Training and experience in the use of electronic databases. Essential
- Computer literacy and familiarity with word processing, internet, and excel.- essential
- Required Experience
The position requires at least 2 years’ experience as a tax collector.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 18th of February 2016. Each application should include an updated CV, an application letter and contact information for three work-related referees.
- Applications not including all the above information will not be reviewed.
- Write the title of the position on the subject of your email.
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted.