Ministry of Finance, Vacancy Announcement
|Job Title:||Taxation Officer – Returns processing & Taxpayer Audit
|Department:||Revenue Collection Authority|
|Grade level and Classification:||Grade 6|
- Purpose of the position
This position is an operational position within the Revenue Authority of the Ministry of Finance. It has the responsibility for processing and verifying returns from taxpayers, and for carrying out audits and investigations to correct incorrect or fraudulent declarations.
Duties include receiving and acknowledging returns from taxpayers, entering them into the computerised Revenue Management System (RMS), verifying them by checking a random sample, instigating and carrying out audits and investigations, preparing reports on returns processed and audits carried out.
- Qualifications and Training
- Degree qualification is not a requirement.
- Basic sound public financial management skills.- essential
- Training and experience in taxation and tax collecting.- essential
- Associate Degree in Business Administration/Accounting, Economics and/or Financial Management- desirable, not essential
- Computer literacy and familiarity with word processing, internet, and excel.- essential
- Required Experience
The position requires at least 2 years’ experience obtained in a public finance context.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 18th of February 2016. Each application should include an updated CV, an application letter and contact information for three work-related referees.
- Applications not including all the above information will not be reviewed.
- Write the title of the position on the subject of your email.
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted.