Ministry of Finance, Vacancy Announcement
|Job Title:||Taxation Officer – Taxpayer Registration|
|Department:||Revenue Collection Authority|
|Grade level and Classification:||Grade 6|
|Reporting to:||Revenue Director|
- Purpose of the position
This position is an operational position within the Revenue Authority of the Ministry of Finance. It has the responsibility for administering and maintaining the records of taxpayers, and accessing and managing data from third parties which support revenue collection.
Duties include carrying out periodic surveys and registration campaigns, accessing and updating the Revenue Management System (RMS) data base, issuing taxpayer identification numbers, classifying businesses for purposes of taxation, preparing reports on registration, and providing data management services to support revenue reporting.
- Qualifications and Training
- Degree qualification is not a requirement.
- Basic sound public financial management skills.- essential
- Training and experience in taxation and tax collecting. essential
- Training and experience in the management of electronic databases. Essential
- Associate Degree in Business Administration/Accounting, Economics and/or Financial Management- desirable , not essential
- Degree in data management – desirable, not essential.
- Computer literacy and familiarity with word processing, internet, and excel.- essential
- Required Experience
The position requires at least 2 years’ experience obtained in a public finance context.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 18th of February 2016. Each application should include an updated CV, an application letter and contact information for three work-related referees.
- Applications not including all the above information will not be reviewed.
- Write the title of the position on the subject of your email.
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted.