Ministry of Finance, Vacancy Announcement
|Taxation Officer, Taxpayer Services
|Revenue Collection Authority|
|Grade level and Classification:||Grade 6|
- Purpose of the position
This position is an operational position within the Revenue Authority of the Ministry of Finance. It has the responsibility for communicating with taxpayers individually or with campaigns, responding to queries from the public, assisting large taxpayers with compliance, receipt of tax returns.
Duties include planning and conducting communication campaigns with taxpayers and collecting agents, receiving tax returns and proof of payment, entering receipts and other data into the RMS system, supporting the team to engage with delinquent taxpayers and recover arrears, assisting large taxpayers to comply with laws and regulations.
- Qualifications and Training
- Associate Degree in Business Administration/Accounting, Economics law, and/or Financial Management- desirable , not essential.
- Experience of conducting communication campaigns in the local context.
- Basic sound public financial management skills.- essential
- Training and experience in taxation and tax collecting. essential
- Training and experience in the use of electronic databases. Essential
- Computer literacy and familiarity with word processing, internet, and excel.- essential
- Required Experience
The position requires at least 1 years’ experience as a tax collector, and a further 1 year experience in public relations or media.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their application to email@example.com by 18th of February 2016. Each application should include an updated CV, an application letter and contact information for three work-related referees.
- Applications not including all the above information will not be reviewed.
- Write the title of the position on the subject of your email.
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted.