Ministry of Finance, Vacancy Announcement
|Accounting Officer – Accounting & Financial Reporting
|Grade level and Classification:||Grade 6|
- Purpose of the position
This position is an accounting support position within the Treasury Department of the Ministry of Finance. It has responsibility for the effective administration of accounting and financial reporting for the Interim Galmudug Administration (IGA). Responsibilities include financial reporting, ledger maintenance and management of the financial management information system (“FMIS”) data, providing advice and support to ensure Ministries comply with the financial legislation, regulations and policies in regard to their reporting requirements.
The incumbent will provide impartial, accurate and timely financial information as and when requested by the Treasurer.
- Qualifications and Training
- Associate Degree in Business Administration/ Accounting and or Financial Management
- Professional accountancy qualification (CA, ACCA, CIPFA, CPA or equivalent) – desirable
- Intermediate sound public financial management skills – essential
- Basic understanding of accounting standards – essential
- Computer literacy and familiarity with accounting software packages and in particular Excel – essential
- Required Experience
The position requires at least 5 years’ experience obtained by working in a financial public sector department or institution at an intermediate level.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 18th of February 2016. Each application should include an updated CV, an application letter and contact information for three work-related referees.
- Applications not including all the above information will not be reviewed.
- Write the title of the position on the subject of your email.
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted.