Ministry of Finance, Vacancy Announcement
|Treasury Officer – Cash Management|
|Grade level and Classification:||Grade 6|
- Purpose of the position
This position is an accounting support position in the Treasury Department of the Ministry of Finance. It has responsibility for the effective administration of the cash management processes which includes assisting with reporting on the Government’s cash position; ensuring safe custody of public moneys and other resources, update of the cash flow forecast, reconciliation of bank accounts and supporting ledger accounts in the Interim Galmudug Administration’s (IGA) financial management information system (FMIS), management and update of the bank accounts and bank register.
The incumbent will provide impartial, accurate and timely information when requested by the Treasurer.
- Qualifications and Training
- Associate Degree in Business Administration/ Accounting and or Financial Management
- Professional accountancy qualification (CA, ACCA, CIPFA, CPA or equivalent) – desirable
- Intermediate sound public financial management skills – essential
- Basic understanding of accounting standards – desirable
- Computer literacy and familiarity with accounting software packages – essential
- Required Experience
The position requires at least 5 years’ experience obtained by working in a financial public sector department or institution at an intermediate level.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 18th of February 2016. Each application should include an updated CV, an application letter and contact information for three work-related referees.
- Applications not including all the above information will not be reviewed.
- Write the title of the position on the subject of your email.
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted.