Terms of Reference:
|Position Title:||Administration Officer|
|Department:||Admin & Finance|
|Reporting to:||Director Admin & Finance|
|Duration:||20 months (depending on continued budget availability and need for the position as well as satisfactory or better performance evaluations)|
|Duty Station:||Banadir Regional Administration (BRA) Mogadishu Somalia)|
Somalia Strengthening Institutions for Public Works Project (SSIPWP)
The SSIPWP project is the centre piece for building the capacity of the Federal Ministry of Public Works, Reconstruction and Housing (MPWR&H) and the recently established state-level Ministries and the Banadir Regional Administration (BRA) by developing more effective, efficient, inclusive and accountable institutions for public works and infrastructure.
The SSIPWP project is funded by the African Development Fund (ADF) and the Transition Support Facility (TSF) of the African Development Bank (AfDB) and implemented through a Tripartite Protocol Agreement between the Somalia Federal Government, African Development Fund and the United Nations Office for Project Service (UNOPS).
The purpose of the SSIPWP project is improve the capacities of MPWR&H, State-Level Ministries and BRA responsible for public works to enable them independently plan, manage and oversee infrastructure construction projects and maintenance of public works (Project Appraisal Report, 2016).
Purpose of the position
- The officer will be responsible of Validating and reconciling supplier’s invoices for any procurement payment under the guidance of BRA office.
Scope of services
- The officer will be in charge in Anticipating needs, taking initiatives, identifying new systems and ways to improve the overall effectiveness and ensure the smooth functioning of the administration.
Duties and Responsibilities, include, but are not limited to:
- Administrative work supporting Administrative director
- Manage office supplies stock and place orders
- Arrange accommodation, travel and postal service
- Make drafts of various contracts either related to project or administration.
- Keep proper and correct records of all the office consumables and assets with Microsoft Excel or software system.
- Arrangement and control stock of project materials in storeroom
- Carry administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning, etc.
- Control petty cash in office
- Fill in, check and organize accounting documents (bills, cash slips, invoices, Administrative financialsupporting documents, receipts)
- Assist in supervising and giving advice as necessary to other staff to ensure their compliance with the required office Administrative procedure
- Assist in preparing internal monthly Administrative reports reports for BRA and Project
- Assist in preparing project audits and annual audits
- File monthly tax return
- Fulfil all the demands pertaining to Administrative process
- Update and manage staff payroll
- providing advice on compiling organization manuals
- Implement the Administration procedure appropriately in BRA office.
- Organize and prepare meetings for the operation at BRA and provinces level, defining/designing the best support package and planning the necessary components including detailed timings, venue and other considerations.
- Act as focal point to organize office archiving requirements
- Pre-check on due diligence to all supplier, and register the supplier to In Mogadishu.
- Provide and follow up monthly reconciliation for personnel working advance.
- Update Contact List
- Perform other duties instructed by supervisors.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in in relevant field.
- Good knowledge of English and Somali.
- Good Computer Skills especially in Word, Excel accounting software and knowledge of other database preferred.
- At least two years of experience working in accounting / finance or administration in a reputable firm, public body or NGO.
- High integrity, self-driven, able to work under challenging circumstances,
- Able to complete assignments with tight deadlines under minimal supervision.
- Interested Somali candidates who meet the criteria above are encouraged to send their application letters and detailed CVs to email@example.com, Closing date by 5th Sep 2019 @5:00pm. Kindly indicate “Administration Officer BRA Mogadishu Somalia & VA-no: 0094/19” on the subject line when applying.
- Qualified Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.