Vacancy Announcement – Community Mobilisation Officer –P152
Enhancing Livestock Export System with Infrastructures and Services, Ministry of Livestock, Somaliland
The Somaliland Development Fund (SDF) is a 4-year fund designed to support the Government of Somaliland (GoSL) filling a critical gap supporting projects that are fully aligned to the National Development Plan (NDP). SDF is currently funded by the Department for International Development (DFID), the Danish International Development Agency (DANIDA), Norwegian Embassy and the Netherlands. The SDF has allocated funding for implementation of Enhancing Livestock Export System with Infrastructures and Servicesin Somaliland implemented by the Ministry of Livestock (MoL). The MoL intends and intends to use a part of the funding for engage the services of a Community Mobilisation Officer for 15 months.
The Somaliland Development Fund Secretariat on behalf of the Ministry of Livestock now invites applications from qualified Individual Community Mobilisation Professionals for the above position. The position will be based at the Project Management Team offices in the Ministry of Livestock.
Qualifications and skills
* The candidate should have a Bachelor degree in Development Studies, Rural Development, Social Sciences, Livestock production or any other related field;
* Demonstrated excellent command of spoken and written English. Fluency in Somali language is mandatory;
* Understanding of Somaliland social dynamics;
* Excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills.
General professional experience
* Minimum of 7 years’ experience in Community Mobilisation both at Community and Supervision level in Somaliland;
* Experience in conflict transformation and resolution.
* Work experience in community mobilization in Burao or Aroori will be an added advantage.
Specific professional experience
* At least three years of work experience in community mobilization with a reputable organization.
* Demonstrated experience in facilitation and training skills at community level
* Ability and willingness to travel regularly to field sites;
How to apply:
How to apply
Interested candidates should send their applications (cover letter and CV) to the Somaliland Development Fund Secretariat through e-mail [email protected]. Candidates should indicate in their cover letter how they fit the criteria outlined in the advert. All applications must be received by 5th April 2015 at 1600hrs East African Standard Time. Full Terms of Reference can be requested via email from SDF recruitment consultant at [email protected]. Applicants should clearly indicate the position they are applying for in the email subject line.
Any attempt by a candidate to influence the outcome of the recruitment process in any way which can be interpreted as canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification from being considered for the this position.
This Consultancy is open to Somaliland Nationals Only.
Women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply