The Federal Government of Somalia (FGS) would like to procure website development services for the stablishment of an external Somali Customs website, which will provide information to national and international customers. Although there is a page on the Ministry’s website for Customs, the objective is to develop a new, standalone website. This Customs website will though be hosted on the Ministry of Finance’s IT infrastructure and linked to the MoF broader website. The website will be maintained and run by Somali Customs upon completion.
Scope of Services
The Customs and Revenue Department of the Ministry of Finance of the Federal Government of Somalia is seeking the services of a web developer to design and build a new external website for Somali Customs, in two languages. The website will set out relevant information for the local and international customers of Customs, which include traders, brokers and potential investors. The award will be made to a responsive and responsible individual or firm based on best value and professional capability.
The web developer will provide Somali Customs team with a simple to use website that will:
- Have a contemporary visual look
- Share information and documentation for Customs procedures, tariffs and duty rates
- Share news and updates from Somali Custom
- Present information on Somali Customs in an ordered and structured manner
- Be easy to navigate and user friendly
- Have back-end functionalities which make it easy for the Customs team to maintain, edit and update the website content and images themselves
- Enable email feedback, disputes and enquiries from customers to be submitted
- Be available in both English and Somali
- Link to social media
- Be optimized for mobile access
- Have Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) that delivers top Google results
The developer should also:
- Develop a user manual and deliver a training session for the Customs website support team and MoF system administrators to upload new content, refresh existing content, and perform system maintenance and administration as required.
- Provide administrative and technical support and maintenance, and quality control support, for a transition period of six months after the website is completed
- If applicable, hand over the full source code (including any developed libraries) to Customs.
EOI submissions are due by midnight EAT on Monday August 26th, 2019.